Sick of this world

Hatred, selfishness, poverty, modernisation blah blah are getting on my nerves and I wish it would all fade away. Metallica's song Sad But True comes to the mind.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

I am charged up all the time!!!

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Cold Tirupati

I have been longing to visit Tirupati for a long time. I believe HE pulls you all the time to remind you that you need to give your visit. The more I visit, more things get done. Things to do, visit HIM and lo everything gets done without a hitch. I have been trying to find a suitable time tovisit HIM. Alas! for many weeks things weren't happening. Last Sat, I said enough is enough; I am not giving any more excuses. I booked the one day tour to Tirupati through KSTDC. KSTDC have a Volvo service for the one day tour from Sun to Thu. I took a day off and booked my ticket for the Sun night service. I boarded the bus at 2130hours. There were many elderly couples and just 4 single men. Others were with families. There were also newly weds who had their first babies. Its a wonderful sight. Don't mistake me, thinking I was oogling at the ladies. No, I wasn't. Its a wonderful sight to have babies. Spirit of life continues.

Anyway, I enetered the bus and it was cold. Everyone were wrapped in warm clothes. Fortunately, this time I had worn my sweater and got my cap to cover my ears and head. I sat there shivering. There was an odd family. Family comprised of grandparents, grandson and son. Grandfather had this hair style ala APJ Kalam style. While Kalam has silver on his head, his was jet black. He can actually promote hair products. Grand mother was the cruel one. She boarded the bus almost abusing Kalam :( I was wondering whats wrong with her. I have been seeing this trend everywhere. Ladies who have hit 50+ are never respectful to their husbands. I guess they should just come and meet my good old grandmother how to respect one's husband while he is alive and even when he is dead. I feel sick and tired. MCP you can say but come on, even if there are 100 bad things about anyone, you can always admire just that one good quality. Lalita Pawar was hungho about her seat. She was complaining that her husband got them a seat at the back and she cannot sleep all night. Hello granny, you are travelling by Volvo and you dont get those shocks :P. She then started getting angry at her grandson. Grandson who already was wearign a sweater and a muffler was told to wrap the muffler tightly around his ears a hundred times. Grandson ala Mohammed Ali Junior, might be 10 years old was speakign good english and was pissed off by Lalita Pawar's antics. He was talking to his Mama saying why is this lady acting so weird. I was sitting infront of them enjoying the talks. I was feeling sorry for the grandfather, Ali Junior and her son. Why do people get hyper at the drop of the hat? When you have got an arrangement made, you just enjoy it. You are going to visit a temple. Some people force themselves to pain by walking the hill and here our lady doesnt want to sit at the back. Will God be happy about her behaviour? Its tough to judge a person by a single incident but I still feel if you are going for a purpose like visitng temples you need to have that peace and tranquility and humbleness. You need to have the respect to fellow human beings. You talk and reach God if you are good to fellow human beings. Humanity comes first. That was the lesson I have learnt through my Dad. I don't know how much he or myself practise. But, as I have been constantly being told about it, it strikes me if I am doign the right thing or wrong. Yes, there are plenty of wrong doings i have done. I don't regret it as I have done them with innocence. :P Innocent me, people give me a stare. Anyway, that s the truth, if people belive it or not. Anyway, Lalitha Pawar was stopped by some fellow passengers who asked her to lower her voice and keep shut her mouth. I was unlucky to have missed this incident. Its a rarity that I miss incidents. :)

I didn't get much sleep. We reached Tirupati at 0300hours and we got in to a TTD room and were asked to vacate the room by 0500 hours. I shared the room with a Father and son. They were pretty good to talk to. Son had completed BE. All of us boarded the bus and took our first temple look. We visited Padmavathi temple and then came and had breakfast. It was cloudy and cold with a wind. The restaurant was also centrally air conditioned. I shivered while I ate idli and vada and upama(uppit). After that we went for HIS darshan. It was very cold with slight drizzle. I guess the temp was around 14-15C . I didn't wear my sweater and just was able to keep myself from shivering. We joined the queue around 0930hours and I carried a bottle of water. Before I entered the main shrine, I drank all the water and I was in for some trouble later for this act. My bladder was full and the slow movement made my condition worse. I thought its a test of endurance and I won it. Perseverance and self control being the qualities *gives a wide smile*. The queue to the Hundi*where you drop your money /gold* wasn't moving. yet another test and I passed with flying colours. I just hurried myself out to catch the nearest bathroom. I was stopped to take the prasad. I ate half of it on go. I couldn't eat more. I am sorry oh ! Lord and yo uknow knwo very well the reason. I hopped out and frantically looked out. I saw one and dashed twards it and relief at last. Never will I try drinking lot of water before entering temples. :) I came back the same evening. I hope to have pleased myself and HIM by going there. I am wishing HE calls me again. :) The selfish mind wants more. I am human after all. Or to correct i am an evolved human being as I have extra bones in my hands. :P On that bony note, I end . I took 3 full days to pen this. :D

2 Comments:

Blogger ACP said...

If people can shout, I can't help myself but hear the conversation. I am as innocent as the rabbit err hobbit. :P

12:32 PM  
Blogger Tanu said...

I enjoyed Reading your Blog. This one was one of the Best I read today. Thank you
I just added your blog to my book marks and will be checking back often.

Bangalore

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home