Sick of this world

Hatred, selfishness, poverty, modernisation blah blah are getting on my nerves and I wish it would all fade away. Metallica's song Sad But True comes to the mind.

Name:
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka, India

I am charged up all the time!!!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Walk to a healthy life

I have always been part of the good health movement. Yoga, meditation and the regular exercises forced upon us by the school were the first steps towards good health. I read a lot of material on health and nutrition. I have enjoyed it. I keep advising many people. I had been coaxed earlier by my Dad to go for a jog or walk in the morning. I always felt healthy then. But, suddenly I feel I am growing old. The beer phobia effect may be aging me. *Am I seeing Smitha's eyes getting red?* The real reason has been everyone grows old and there is a need to preserve the health we have. I have been observing a paunch and I decided to act. Also, Smitha who had been taking morning walks earlier has offlate stopped it completly. She says work has kept her away from her walks.
Smitha by the way is my lovely wife. :) We are approaching our 1st marriage anniversary on 24th Dec. (eve of Christmas). One year that we have been married. Time flies.
One fine Wednesday morning, I got up at 6 am and asked Smitha to start our daily morning walk routine. Out came the shoes and socks. There is a small park where a zillion dogs have made their home. Battling the initial fear of dogs, I walked with Smitha. As we approached the park, we saw the park and the road that surrounds the park filled with joggers, walkers (like us) and some wannabe badminton players. One striking feature of the badminton players is their large paunch. They play badminton as if it was a touch me not plant. We started with a good pace and a swing in the arms. We took 4 rounds of the park and one bigger round across the road where we touched another park. I came back and stopped for some stretching while Smitha continued her walk. She takes 10 and that requires stamina. I am not on the weight reduction program and hence, 3 rounds are good enough. I love stretching exercises. I have suddenly felt myself very energetic and alert. I guess the fresh air and lots of pure oxygen is keeping me in the "zone". We both want to keep it going as long as we can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home